ABOUT THE FCPC
The Federation of Community Power Co-operatives is a province-wide umbrella organization for community power co‑ops in Ontario that are developing grid-tied renewable energy projects. We exist to unite, represent and serve the community power co‑op community across the province.
We are increasing the number of renewable energy co-ops developed at the highest possible standards by establishing best practices and sharing resources.
We envision a thriving community power sector in Ontario in which every Ontarian has the opportunity to generate and own their local power supply.
OBJECTIVES OF THE FCPC
- To research, develop and advocate for policy changes that will benefit the community power co-op sector and demonstrate the social benefit of community power to decision-makers and regulatory agencies;
- To encourage best practices and work towards common standards for the community power co-op sector in all aspects of their operations;
- To create and maintain a centralised library of tools and resources to educate, inform and support our members in developing community-owned renewable energy projects and co-ops that benefit their local communities financially, socially and environmentally; and
- To collaborate and coordinate with other organizations that promote and support community and aboriginal ownership of renewable power.
The FCPC is a member-based organisation with a Board of Directors supported by Working Groups. Together, these parties work together along with the membership to ensure that FCPC satisfies its mission and vision, and is working towards its goals and objectives. The Board oversees the broad management of the FCPC, setting general policies that govern membership, operations and objectives of the Federation. There are six members on the founding Board:
- Marc Van Beusekom, Guelph Solar and Queen Street Solar Co-operatives
- Andrew Clarke, Agris Energy Co-operative and Spark Solar
- Judith Lipp, TREC/LakeWind Energy Co-operative (FCPC Chair)
- Shane Mulligan, LIFE Co-operative
- Janice Ashworth, Ottawa Renewable Energy Co-operative
- Ambrose Raftis, Green Timiskaming Development Co-operative